The international conference IS.Rivers focuses on the sustainable management of the world’s rivers, especially European ones. The IS.Rivers conference concentrates on the state of art management strategies and lessons learned from individual case studies. Particular consideration is given to the integration of physical, ecological and social perspectives of the different stakeholders involved in river management (governance, economy, culture), which is reflected in the title of the conference (“Integrative Sciences for rivers”).
The conference has two objectives:
- To identify and discuss the most recent scientific advances on the complexity and diversity of rivers, in terms of their functioning, uses, stakeholder involvement and management strategies ;
- To share experiences of research and actions, implementation of local policies and strategies at different scales with various human and geographic contexts: hydrographic districts, corridors, main cities, transition zones and estuaries.
- A conference focusing on rivers
- A conference in which all facets of the rivers may be submitted
- A conference with multidisciplinary research occuring in interaction with management
- A conference highlighting innovative actions carried out at different scales (corridors, cities, interface areas and estuaries)
- A conference with simultaneous translation French-English (vice-versa) to promote a real exchange between delegates, and access to knowledge of research, actions and experiments conducted on French rivers.